North Coast Christian Church was founded in ca. 1947 by some good people in Garibaldi. We started in a little shack down by the river, and through the power of prayer, are now situtioned in a pleasant sanctuary on the corner of 3rd & Cypress.
We are a non-denomination church, and while we are not affiliated with anyone denomination, we do have serveral sister churches with which we collaborate frequently throughout the year.
To learn more about us, please read our following statements, posted below:
What We Believe
There is only one true and living God.
He created the heavens and the earth out of nothing in six 24 hour days. Apart from Him nothing has come into being. Jesus existed with God the Father before all things were created by Him and for Him. He was sent from heaven, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary to accomplish the will of His Father.
He lived a sinless life, was crucified, buried, and raised bodily from the dead by the power of God.
His resurrection was verified by witnesses and He has ascended into Heaven. No one comes to the Father but through Him. He will return. The Holy Spirit is personal, not a force. He is the Spirit of Truth, the Helper sent by Jesus to indwell those who accepted Him as Lord and Savior.
The original Holy Bible scriptures are God inspired and completely trustworthy, inerrant, and true.
- God expects both faithfulness and fruitfulness (John 15 and Matthew 25)
- God is concerned with both His Message and our Motives
- The Church is defined by members living the Biblical Nature of Jesus rather than by tradition, personality, finances, programs, real estate holdings, or events.
- The only foundation for everything the Church is and does is Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:18-23)
- The purpose of the Church is summed up in the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40), the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20), and the Great Calling (Ephesians 4:1-6)
- The Church is to focus on “Growing People” not programs
- The Church is committed to Mission, Membership, Maturity, and Ministry and must magnify and glorify the Father in Heaven and the Lord Jesus Christ
Reaching people of all nations with the Gospel by loving as Jesus loves while adhering to the Truth of God’s Word.
Promoting a covenant commitment of belonging to the Body of Christ with faithfulness, accountability, responsibility, and consistency in caring for one another and worshiping our Father in Heaven and Jesus the Lord in Spirit and Truth.
Moving ahead from belief and fellowship to Godly character and fruitfulness by embracing God’s perspective regarding all areas of life (Ephesians 4:14 and Hebrews 6:1).
Members are actively involved in servant ministry.
Every Christian is called to serve (minster) in some way in the Body of Christ. Every Christian and every ministry is important. Every Christian is first dependent on God and then on other members. The motive of ministry is faith in Jesus Christ, having His quality of love for others, and a passionate heart to serve God by serving others in His Name with an attitude of humility.
- Faith in Action
- Helping Hands Tillamook
- Tillamook County Sheriff’s Office Chaplains
- Tierney Christian Mission / Kenya
- Ben and Mary Grimm / Papua New Guinea
- Ray and Rhonda Deloe / Liberia
- no web information available at this time.
- Operation Christmas Child